Rick Szcodronski aids in the design of building technology systems such as structured cabling, audio visual, security, building automation, and data centers. He also assists with technology consulting services for data network, wireless network, voice system, and migration planning design. His responsibilities include project management, MEP coordination, and maintaining the accuracy / quality of designs from inception to completion.
- Duke University, Bachelor of Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering and Bachelor of Science, Environmental Science, 2008
“Intelligent Building 3.0: The IoT Platform.” Realcomm.com. March 2018.
“Ready, Set, Collaborate.” Facility Executive. June 2017.
“5 Wireless Options for High-Performance Building Systems.” Building Operating Management. Quoted. March 2017.
- “Intelligent Buildings.” Presentation at ESD Intelligent Building Boot Camp. November, 2016.
- "Building IoT Thrives on Free Flow of Data.” Building Operating Management. Quoted. April 2016.
- “Day in the Life.” Lunch & Learn at RIM Architects. Co-presenter with Aliza Skolnik. September 2015.
- “The Evolution of Workplace.” Panelist. Bisnow Silicon Valley Creative Office Event. San Jose, California. June 15, 2016.
- "Wireless Saves Labor Costs but Raises Security and Reliability Issues." Building Operating Management. Quoted. November 2014.
- "What Does 'Intelligent Building' Mean Today?" Building Operating Mangement. Co-authors: Kurt Karnatz and Robert Knight. September 2014.
- CSE's 40 Under 40, 2015
- Region VI First Place Award for Category IV – Industrial Facilities or Processes – New, ASHRAE 2014 Technology Award, Digital Realty – Franklin Park Data Campus, 2014
- CTBUH Award for Best Tall Building in Middle East and Africa, Sowwah Square, 2013
- Redevelopment of the Year, NAIOP, Hillshire Brands Headquarters, 2012
- Redevelopment of the Year, CCRE, Hillshire Brands Headquarters, 2012
- Best Projects of 2011. ENR Midwest. BP Bright Lights. 2011.