How vulnerable are commercial and institutional real estate buildings to cyberattacks? (Learn more about Wolf’s cybersecurity advice.)
As buildings get smarter with the addition of connected systems, cybercriminals are getting smarter as well, finding new ways to gain access and control of sensitive information. Two ESD experts will be examining the risks at the upcoming IFMA World Marketplace conference.
Studio Leader and Senior Security Consultant Coleman Wolf and Practice Leader for Technology Mo Fahim will be presenting “How Many Intelligent Building Systems Does Your Building Have? Are They Creating Opportunities for Hackers?” at the upcoming conference sponsored by IFMA International.
According to Wolf, “If you’ve installed any contemporary smart building systems from BAS (building automated systems) and lighting to security and elevators, you’ve made your building more intelligent but also more vulnerable to cyber-attacks.”
During the Friday, September 30 session, the two ESD experts will be addressing the following questions:
- Why do hackers target building systems?
- Are the systems in your building secure?
- Is your chief information officer aware of how many systems are being utilized for building operations?
- How would you respond to a building outage caused by a ransom-demanding cyber attacker?
- Does your facility’s operating plan include cyber governance, threat detection, vulnerability, penetration testing, and incident response planning?
IFMA World Workplace describes itself as the largest facility management conference in the world offering workplace professionals an opportunity to explore new technologies and trends. It runs September 28 – 30 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Reach out to our team of experts for all of your building technology and security needs.