Rotary International, a global humanitarian service organization, wanted to make a statement of commitment and stewardship to its community by seeking LEED certification for its existing world headquarters in Evanston, Illinois. In order to help One Rotary Center earn their LEED certification, ESD drafted policies and plans for the building, reviewed their sustainable operating practices, coordinated the LEED requirements with vendors, provided full documentation of their attempted prerequisites, and credits, and created the building's ongoing commissioning plan.
Key energy efficiency upgrades and projects that contributed to the building's LEED Gold certification included:
- Installation of new chillers
- Installation of new boilers
- An upgraded oversized supply fan plan
- Completion of ComEd's Retro-Commissioning Program
- An implemented ongoing commissioning plan
Services Provided: Ongoing Commissioning Consulting