As executive chairman of ESD, Raj Gupta leads the company's mission to improve society through the built environment. He works on long-term initiatives to support the company’s future, including building ESD’s board of directors, pursuing the acquisition of small- and medium-sized firms, developing career development paths for employees and promoting the ESD brand. He champions ESD's embrace of globalization and positions the firm to compete in our digital economy. Raj is actively involved with charitable organizations and is highly regarded as both a speaker and an author.
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, Master of Science, Communications
- Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, California, Bachelor of Arts, Management Engineering
- Professional Engineer in the States of: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- LEED AP (LEED Accredited Professional)
- ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers)
- BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association International)
- YPO (Young Presidents Organization)
- Economic Club of Chicago
- Adler Planetarium Board of Trustees
- World Business Chicago Board of Directors
“Applying Technology in Buildings: How to be Proactive in a Reactive World.” CBRE Asset Services Team. Chicago, July, 2017.
- YJP New York CEO Leadership, Innovation & Diversity Symposium. Panelist. New York City. January 2017.
- Biennial Conference for Sustainable Design and Solution. Panelist. Harvey Mudd College. October 2016.
- "Leadership Crucial as Building Complexity Increases." Consulting Electrical Engineers Technical Forum & Tradeshow. Keynote Speaker. May 2016.
- "Improving Society Through the Built Environment." Chicago Professionals Network Reception. Keynote Speaker. March 2016.
- "A Day in the Life: Technology in the Workplace." February 2015.
- “Embrace Engineering Change – Or Risk Failure.” Consulting Specifying Engineer. September, 2012.
- “The Battle for Comfort.” Consulting Specifying Engineer. July 2009. Co-written with Larry Dykstra.
- "Engineering Leadership.” Control Engineering. February, 2008.
- “Engineering Leadership.” Consulting Specifying Engineer. February, 2008.
- “Designing UFAD Systems.” Building Design & Construction. July 2005. Co-written with Kurt Karnatz.
- “Technology Transfusion.” Consulting Specifying Engineer. July 2005. Co-written with David Marshall.
- “More ‘Nines’ Not Always Better.” Consulting Specifying Engineer. June 2003.
- “The Latest in High-Performance Tenant Issues: METS.” Real Estate Chicago Magazine. September 2002.
- “Mission-Critical Facilities: The Next Generation.” Building Operating Management. September 2002.
- “Debunking Myths about the Future of Telecom Hotels.” Consulting Specifying Engineer. July 2001.Co-written with Morris Toporek.
- “HVAC for Commercial Office Buildings.” HPAC Engineering. March 1997.
- “Which Refrigerant Replacement.” The BOMA / Chicago Report. September 1995.
- “Chillers and Refrigerants.” Engineered Systems. September 1995.
- “A Building’s Mechanical Systems are Important to Prospective Tenants.” The BOMA / Chicago Report. April 1991.