Tim Zelazny joined ESD in 2016. He is an expert in energy and sustainability consulting for new and existing buildings and specializes in the following areas: LEED Certification, WELL Certification, Passive House Certification, energy modeling, daylight analysis, hygrothermal analysis, thermal bridging analysis, material toxicity analysis, renewable energy analysis, carbon sequestration, exterior envelope performance and sustainability.
- “Answering Your COVID-19 Certification Questions.” ESD Blog. May 2020.
- “Zelazny to Discuss Innovative WELL Project During Webinar.” Webinar. Illinois Green Alliance. May 2020.
- “Paths to Improved Indoor Air Quality.” Co-author. Facility Executive magazine. April 2020.
“Measuring Our Impact and Answering Your Certification Questions.” ESD Blog. April 2020.
"Marketing to Engineers.” Webinar. CFE Media and Technology. April 2020.
- "The Embodied Carbon Forecast.” Webinar. Chicago Chapter of the Embodied Carbon Network. April 2020.
- “Free Money: The State of Incentives & Other Funding.” ASHRAE Spring Conference. March 2020.
- “Which accreditation should I pursue?” UIC. September 2019.
- “Doing Well at 500 Feet.” Illinois Real Estate Journal. August 2019.
- "Net Zero Energy Discussion.” Passive House Alliance Chicago. August 2019.
- "Building Envelope Commissioning: The Value Proposition." ASHRAE Annual Conference in Kansas City. June 2019.
"Mission Critical Operation Water Damage Control." Mission Critical magazine. June 2019
Well, well, WELL ... Taking the Pulse on wellness certifications." Panelist. Illinois Green Alliance. June 2019..
"Introduction to the Well Building Standard & Reset IAQ Monitoring." Mechanical Contractors Association. January 2019.
"BECx for LEEDv4: The Value Proposition." Greenbuild Conference and Expo. November 2018.
“LEED Case Study: Moving Up to LEED Gold.” Co-author. Facility Executive magazine. October 2018.
“Tracking the Value of a Healthy Indoor Environment.” Quoted. Northern Illinois Real Estate Magazine. August 2018.
“Why is Health & Wellness Trending?” and “Examples of H+W Implementation Among PM Teams and Owners.” Panelist. BOMA Chicago Health and Wellness Seminar. August 2018.
“City of Chicago: Pushing the Envelope.” Spearheaded and led event. Passive House Alliance Chicago and Illinois Green Alliance. February 2018.
“Workplace Wellness: Comparing The Rating Systems.” Quoted. Bisnow.com. October 2017.
“Brown Bag Seminar: Is my building WELL certification ready?” Co-presenter, BOMA Chicago, Chicago, Illinois. May 2017.
- “LEED Dynamic Plaque: What You Need To Know.” Panelist. BOMA/Chicago and USGBC-Illinois event. December, 2016.
- “The Future of Architecture.” Quoted. Chicago Architect. July-August, 2016.