Julide Demirdoven is experienced in design coordination and in awareness of sustainability issues. She stays up-to-date on the latest BIM tools and teaches BIM courses at the Armour College of Engineering at IIT.
- “Building Performance Optimization and Energy Modeling in BIM Curriculum.” 13th BIM Academic Symposium & Job Task Analysis Review. November 2018.
- “Making BIM Training More Effective.” Interviewed. United Rentals Project Uptime. July 2018.
- “Technology in Education Part 1: Skill Development” and “BIM in Engineering.” AEC Next Technology Expo and Conference. June 2018.
“Uses of AI-Enabled Tools in BIM Applications.” Istanbul Medipol University School of Fine Arts Design and Architecture. May 2018.
“How to Integrate Experiential Learning for Artificial Intelligence in BIM Curriculum." Academic Interoperability Coalition, March 2018.
“Building Performance and Energy Optimization Learning Modules for BIM Education,” Academic Interoperability Coalition, April 2017.
"Collaboration With BIM: An Experiential Learning Case," Presentation and referred article, 10th BIM Academic Symposium (BIMAS2016) and Job Task Analysis Review, Orlando, FL, April 4-5, 2016.
- “4D Resource Optimization with Location Based Systems,” refereed article, Journal of the National Institute of Building Sciences, October, 2015.
- "Multi-Dimensional (nD) Limitations with Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Levels of Development (LoD) In Design," presentation and refereed article, 9th International Sinan Symposium: Limitations, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey, April 21-22, 2015.
- "New Techniques in Green Building Management Practices," presentation and refereed article, International Greenage Symposium iii, MSFAU (Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University), Istanbul, Turkey, April 15-17, 2015.
- "Green Nanomaterilas with Examples of Application," presentation and refereed article, International Greenage Symposium iii, MSFAU (Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University), Istanbul, Turkey, April 15-17, 2015.
- “The Factors Affecting the Acceptance of BIM Software Tools," presentation and refereed article, International Greenage Symposium iii, MSFAU (Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University), Istanbul, Turkey, April 15-17, 2015.
- “An Interdisciplinary Approach to Integrate BIM in the Construction Management and Engineering Curriculum,” presentation and refereed article, 9th BIM Academic Symposium (BIMAS2015) and Job Task Analysis Review, presentation and refereed article, Washington, DC, April 7-8, 2015.
- “Personal experience: Being an architect among engineers,” presentation and a retrospective discussion, Society of Women Engineers in Illinois Institute of Technology (SWE-IIT), Chicago, Illinois, March 23, 2015.
- “New and Future Technology for Facility Managers,” presentation as invited speaker, CAEE Seminar Series, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois, November 25, 2014.
- “Designing An Expert System for BIM,” presentation and refereed article, Third Project and Construction Management Congress, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey, November 6-8, 2014.