Aliza Skolnik focuses on strategic leadership, sustainable solutions and healthy environments. As Director of the San Francisco Office, she is responsible for managing the business development, recruitment and operations for the West Coast region. She specializes on improving the well-being of the people who occupy the communities, buildings, and workplaces we design.
- Bisnow Power Women Series Honoree. May 2019.
- Bisnow Power Women Series Honoree. May 2018.
- 40 Under 40 Winner. Building Design+Construction. 2017.
- Design Excellence Award, American Institute of Architects (AIA) Chicago, St. Elizabeths Coast Guard Headquarters, 2015
- Excellence in Engineering – Illinois Chapter / Regional, ASHRAE, Motorola Mobility Corporate Headquarters, 2014
- Project of the Year, CoreNet REAL Awards, Motorola Mobility Corporate Headquarters, 2014
- Best Projects of the Year – Interior Design / Tenant Improvements, ENR Midwest, Motorola Mobility Corporate Headquarters, 2014
- Sustainability Leadership Award. AIA Chicago. CHA Sustainable Property Assessment. 2013.
- 40 Under 40 Winner. Consulting-Specifying Engineer (CSE). 2011.
- Commercial Design Award for Best Renovation. In Business Magazine. U.S. Bank - Madison, Wisconsin. 2010.
- Wisconsin. 2010.
- Technology Award. ASHRAE. 353 North Clark. 2010.
- Best White/Functional LED Submission (2nd Quarter Winner). LED’s Win Sales Competition: North American. Rush University Medical Center. 2010.
- Excellence in Engineering Award. ASHRAE Illinois Chapter. HSBC Mettawa. 2010.
- Green Development of the Year. NAIOP. HSBC Mettawa. 2009.
- Green Development of the Year. NAIOP. HSBC Mettawa. 2008.
- Distinguished Building Award. AIA Illinois. Spertus Institute. 2008
- Green Development of the Year Award, NAIOP, Spertus Institute, 2008
- Distinguished Building Award, AIA Chicago, Spertus Institute, 2008
- Divine Detail Award, AIA Chicago, Spertus Institute, 2008
- Landmark Award for Preservation Excellence, City of Chicago, Spertus Institute, 2008
- American Architecture Award, Chicago Athenaeum, Spertus Institute, 2008
- Honor Award, Chicago Real Estate, Spertus Institute, 2008
- Sustainable Design Awards, Construction Week Awards, Masdar Headquarters, 2008
- Environmental Award, Cityscape Architectural Awards, Masdar Headquarters, 2008
- Green Project of the Year, Middle East Architect Awards, Masdar Headquarters, 2008
"Envisioning & Building the Future of CRE." Bisnow CRE & Urbantech Summit. October 2018.
“How Wellness in the Workplace Movement Is Changing the CRE Landscape.” CoreNet Global What’s Next Podcast. September 2018.
“Workplace Strategy: 2018 Best Practices For Retention, Innovation & Creativity.” Bisnow’s West Coast Office Leasing & Development Conference. Moderator. September 2018.
“Crucial Conversations in the Workplace.” CoreNet Northern California Young Leaders. February 2018.
“The LISA Movement Excavate Series.” Video interview. January, 2018.
“WELL, Fitwell and RESET.” Webinar leader. SWE Houston. January, 2018.
“Smart Building – WELLNESS.” Webinar participant. Realcomm. December 2017.
40 Under 40 Winner. BD+C (Building Design+Construction). 2017.
“Wellness in the Workplace.” Panelist. CoreNet Northern California Young Leaders. September 2017.
“Brown Bag Seminar: Is my building WELL certification ready?” Co-presenter, BOMA Chicago, Chicago, Illinois. May 2017.
“Innovations in Sustainable Buildings.” Panelist, Bisnow. San Francisco, California. February, 2017.
"Sustainability Isn’t Just About Energy Efficiency Anymore, It’s About Wellness.” Quoted, Bisnow. February, 2017.
“San Francisco Sustainability: Green Building Revolution.” Panelist, Construction & Design Sustainability Initiatives. San Francisco, California. March 2016.
“Day in the Life.” Lunch & Learn at RIM Architects. Co-presenter: Rick Szcodronski. September 2015.
- "The Picture of Health." Architectural Record. Quoted. June 2015.
- "ENERGY STAR suspends Medical Office Certification." The Commercial Voice: Real Estate Magazine. Co-author: Kyle Hendricks. December 2014.
- LEED EB Recertification: A Case Study of Lessons Learned. Every Building Conference & Expo. San Diego, California. June 2013.
- GreEnrichment Series Presentation, 2012.
- “2012 White Paper: High-Performance Reconstructed Buildings: The 99% Solution.” BD+C (Building Design+Construction. 2012.
- 40 Under 40 Winner. CSE (Consulting-Specifying Engineer). 2011.
- “Benchmarking: Understanding Building Performance.” CSE (Consulting-Specifying Engineer).August 2011.
- Keynote Speaker on Energy Star. BOMA Office and Commercial Real Estate Expo. Drury Lane, Illinois, February 23, 2011.
- “Chicago Housing Authority Green Assessment: Process and Results.” USGBC Illinois Emerging Professionals - Professionals Showcase, March 22, 2011.
- “Alternative Green Building Rating Systems.” CSI Chicago Technical Roundtable. October 12, 2011.
- “A+ Design: Maintaining IAQ and Energy Efficiency in Schools.” USGBC Illinois Chapter Fall Credentialing Maintenance Blitz, November 1, 2011.
- “What Are Your Green Choices?” Chicago Chapter Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Breakfast. February 3, 2010.
- “Energy Star for Engineers: New and Existing Buildings” Consulting-Specifying Engineer Magazine International Webinar Series. February 18, 2010.
- “Energy Star: Portfolio Manager and Certification Process.” CSE (Consulting-Specifying Engineer) / EnergyPrint Webcast, July 8, 2010.
- “Benchmarking and Energy Disclosure.” Ecobuild America Conference, Washington, D.C. Panel presentation and Q&A. December 9, 2010.