When moving to more efficient power options, building owners and operators are often faced with difficult decisions deciding what to do with existing gas-fired heating systems—especially in colder climates. (Learn more about building electrification.)
It’s not easy for building owners and operators to stay on top of an evolving pandemic, where guidance can change daily. Too often, there is no simple fix to challenges that arise.
The ASHRAE Epidemic Task Force recently updated its Building Readiness Guidance. The bottom line: It expanded its recommendations and, in many cases, will require building owners to seek advice from specialist consultants.
ESD stays on top of the latest information so we can be a resource for our clients. We diligently review topics that are important for building owners and operators to consider.
How can we help you? Below please find important topics to consider. ESD is able to:
- Assess feasibility and methods to provide increased ventilated air during occupancy and for pre- and post-occupancy flushing.
- Assess feasibility and means to improve existing mechanical filtration (higher MERV rating).
- Evaluate Energy Recovery Wheels and cross contamination concerns.
- Assess opportunity for advanced air-cleaning technologies (UV, BPI, PCO, etc.)
- Evaluate how potential atypical operating conditions will impact building systems during low-occupancy or low-load periods this winter season.
- Assess energy and utility cost impacts of operational changes