A recent series of workshops help Chicago-area building owners and managers better manage, budget, and plan for major facility improvements.
ESD Senior Project Managers Jennifer Jutton and Jose Orta returned again this year to present at BOMA/Suburban Chicago’s annual workshop series, “Building a Path to Construction Success.” As instructors, the two joined a host of other industry professionals to share their knowledge about everything from pitching capital improvement plans to building owners to post-construction documentation.
Topics addressed during the three half-day sessions include:
- Recognizing the need for capital work and when
- Understanding how capital improvements can increase revenue
- Project delivery methods and contracts
- Bid leveling
- Overview of reading a blueprint
- Reading and understanding mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), fire protection/fire alarm (FP/FA), and technology drawings
- Stages of construction
- Closeout process
Speakers also shared real case study examples illustrating the latest industry trends and how to prevent common mistakes and address challenges.
Jennifer Jutton and Jose Orta actively support professional organizations like BOMA as part of our mission to improve society through the built environment.
Contact ESD’s experts for more information on how ESD can help with your capital improvement and other building challenges.