Studio Leader | High Performance Buildings
Tyler Jensen is a Studio Leader in the High Performance Buildings group at ESD. He has broad experience as a mechanical engineer and project manager across a variety of markets, with a focus on new construction, tall buildings, infrastructure, large commercial interior and repositioning projects. As Studio Leader, Tyler is responsible for ensuring the performance, efficiency and profitability of an interdisciplinary team of engineers and project managers.
- “Dream Team Turns Challenges into Assets at 110 N. Wacker Drive.” Informed Infrastructure. Quoted. April 2021.
- “Demystifying Indoor Air Quality: How Mechanical Systems Protect Against COVID-19.” Greenbuild. November 2020.
- “Optimizing HVAC System Configurations and Air Distribution Methods in Post-Pandemic High-Rise Offices.” CTBUH. Co-Presenter. November 2020.
- “With Building Guidance Changing Daily, Turn to ESD for Expert Advice.” ESD Blog. Co-Author. August 2020.
- “UVGI vs. BPI: Which Air-Cleaning Technology Is Best for Your Building?” ESD Blog. Co-author. May 2020.
- “High-Performance Buildings in Asia.” Panel Director. CTBUH in Chicago, Illinois. October 2019.
- “Designing Efficient Office Buildings With Visual Appeal.” Consulting-Specifying Engineer. January 2018.
- 40 Under 40 Winner. Consulting-Specifying Engineer. 2016
- “Methods to Mitigate Costly and Disruptive Stack Effect in Super and Megatall Towers.” Co-authored with Mehdi Jalayerian. CTBUH conference in China. November 2016.
- “Reimagine the Future: Sustainable Convergence of Science, Commerce, and Education – MASDAR City: Technology Cluster HUB Facilities Used in Designing the MASDAR Headquarters, AUE.” Presentation. International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (ISL) Annual Conference. Co-presenter: Mehdi Jalayerian. September 2015.
- “Corps Community Revival: New Chicago Community Center Features Diverse MEP Design.” Engineered Systems Magazine. Coauthored with Andy Silverstein. February 2013.
- ESD/SDC Collaboration Presentation to engineers at Saudi Arabian MEP firm on smoke management system design.