Automation Practice Leader
Steven Brown focuses on delivering maximum results through the application of available technologies. His industry expertise provides clients with exceptional building systems designs and operational performance. He has worked for more than two decades in design, sales, implementation, and commissioning of numerous types and manufacturers of control systems.
- “5 Steps on the Road to Smart Buildings.” FacilitiesNet. July 2022.
- “5 Steps to Solve the Puzzle of an Aging BAS.” Building Operating Management. October 2021.
- “Can Smart Buildings Outsmart Hackers?” Building Operating Management. Co-author. July 2021.
- “3 Roadblocks to Getting to Smart Buildings.” Building Operating Management. June 2019.
- “The Art of Designing Sports, Entertainment, and Specialty Structures.” Consulting Specifying Engineer. Quoted. August 2017.
- “Intelligent Buildings.” Presentation at ESD Intelligent Building Boot Camp. November, 2016.
- “How to Develop a Business Case and Roadmap to Building Intelligence.” Building Operating Management’s NFMT. Co-presenter. March 2016.
- “For Facility Managers, Internet of Things Changes the Game.” Building Operating Management Magazine. Quoted. October 2015.
- “Intelligent Building: A Wise Investment.” Masterbuilder. September 2015.
- “Graduating from smart to intelligent buildings.” Consulting Specifying Engineer. May 2015.
- “Retro-Commissioning with BAS Overview.” ASHRAE Spring Conference. Co-presenter. March 2015.
- “Controls Master Planning Process Leads to Campus-Wide BAS Upgrade.” IDEA Campus Energy Conference. Co-presenter. February 2015.
- “Microgrid Power Study Migrates to Integrated Multi-Campus Design of Facility Controls.” IDEA Campus Energy Conference. Co-presenter. February 2015.
- Johnson Controls White Paper on BAS and Facility Management. Quoted. January 2014.
- “Developing Effective Specifications.” ASHRAE Young Engineers Annual Conference. March 2013.