Digital Practice Leader | Technical Support Services
Samir Abdelmawla is responsible for coordinating Building Information Modeling (BIM) procedures and standards for all design processes. He has led research and development to advance BIM strategies, processes, and implementations. Samir always focuses on enhancing project delivery by implementation of the (I) in BIM technology with added value downstream in the project cycle. He has directed the design collaboration and coordination for worldwide large-scale projects in healthcare, office, hospitality, science/tech, and mixed-use facilities.
- “Technology & Innovation in the Hybrid Age.” Chicago Build Expo. October 2023.
- “Coordinated, Efficient, Accurate, and Organized: Optimizing Collaboration Using BIM.” Chicago Build Expo. October 2022.
- “Harnessing the Power of BIM & Digital Construction.” Midwest Build Week Online. January 2021.
- “2020 Adoption Leaders 50 List.” BuiltWorlds. November 2020.
- “A Web-Based Approach for Engineering Education”, ASEE, Chicago, Illinois, 2002
- “Interactive Computer Graphics for Structural Education”, STCEX, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2001
- “A Visual Approach For Structural Analysis For Architects.” BHLC. September. 2000.
- “Structural Gizmos”, ACADIA Washington D.C., September 2000