Operations Director | Commissioning and Energy+Eco
Saagar Patel is a seasoned and demonstrated expert in energy and sustainability – especially relating to design and construction – while also being adept with analytics and data. He is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE), a LEED Accredited Professional (AP), a WELL Accredited Professional (AP), and a Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP). Patel is actively involved in ASHRAE and BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association) and serves on the Building Decarbonization Working Group for the City of Chicago and the Illinois Energy Code Advisory Council.
- “Revving Up Retro-Commissioning for Return to Office Planning.” ESD Blog. May 2021.
- “Patel Shares Insights on HVAC Best Practices During ASHRAE Webinar.” ESD Blog. August 2020.
- “Exercising with MBCx.” FMJ magazine. May 2020.
- “COVID-19: HVAC Systems, IAQ and Back to Work Best Practices with COVID-19 Focus.” BOMA Chicago Webinar. May 2020.
- “HVAC System Can Aid Infection-Control Efforts.” Building Operating Management magazine. April 2020.
- “Already a Busy Year for Fight Against Climate Change.” ESD Blog. February 2020.
- “Building Operational Analytics/Monitoring-based Commissioning.” Panelist. Building Intelligence Group-Chicago. December 2019.