Practice Leader | Commissioning and Energy+Eco
Saagar Patel is a seasoned and demonstrated expert in energy and sustainability – especially relating to design and construction – while also being adept with analytics and data. He is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE), a LEED Accredited Professional (AP), a WELL Accredited Professional (AP), and a Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP). Patel is actively involved in ASHRAE and BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association) and serves on the Building Decarbonization Working Group for the City of Chicago and the Illinois Energy Code Advisory Council.
- “Why Now is the Best Time to Improve Energy Efficiency in Buildings.” CoreNet Global’s The Pulse. February 2023.
- “2022 Chicago Energy Transformation: Know & Go!”. AIA Chicago and Illinois Green Alliance. January 2023.
- “Decarbonization 2022: Why is it Critical to the Heartland?” Real Estate Journals. September 2022.
- “Low Carbon and High Wellness: 2022’s Office Demands.” Greenbuild International Conference + Expo. November 2022.
- “Net Zero Outlook.” The Mann Report. October 2022
- “Starting With Zero.” FacilitiesNet. September 2022.
- “40 Under 40 Winner.” Consulting-Specifying Engineer (CSE). 2022.
- “Net Zero Building Tour — Stevenson High School East Building Addition.” Illinois Green + Chicago Living Future. July 2022.
- “Chicago & Illinois Sustainability, Energy Efficiency, and Decarbonization Policy.” Design 2 Decarb, hosted by AIA Chicago and IBPSA-USA Chicago. June 2022.
- “Going Retro for Workplace Safety, Efficiency.” Commercial Property Executive. June 2022.
- “5 Commissioning Questions for Return-to-Office Energy Efficiency.” FacilitesNet. April 2022.
- “Commercial Real Estate Sustainability: 2022 Outlook.” Consulting-Specifying Engineer (CSE). January 2022.
- “How to Make Smart Building Data Smarter.” FacilitiesNet. October 2021.
- “Building Decarb Before and After: How to Plan and Understand Performance.” Illinois Green Alliance. May 2021.
- “Revving Up Retro-Commissioning for Return to Office Planning.” ESD Blog. May 2021.
- “HVAC Best Practices.” ASHRAE. August 2020.
- “Exercising with MBCx.” FMJ. May 2020.
- “COVID-19: HVAC Systems, IAQ and Back to Work Best Practices with COVID-19 Focus.” BOMA Chicago. May 2020.
- “HVAC System Can Aid Infection-Control Efforts.” FacilitiesNet. April 2020.
- “Already a Busy year for Fight Against Climate Change.” ESD Blog. February 2020.
- “Building Operational Analytics/Monitoring-based Commissioning. Panelist. Building Intelligence Group-Chicago. December 2019.