Operations Director | Commissioning
Joshua Gepner, the Operations Director for the Commissioning team at ESD, joined the firm in 2009, bringing design engineering, consulting engineering, and commissioning expertise to the company. He is knowledgeable in commercial, residential, and industrial electrical design as well as in LEED and Building Energy Code standards. Josh specializes in mission critical facilities commissioning, specifically for data centers and other critical facilities.
- Consulting-Specifying Engineer Magazine 40 Under 40 Winner, 2019.
- “Putting Data Center Commissioning Lessons Learned into Practice In Real Time.” Mission Critical magazine. November 2018.
- “Capturing and Maintaining the Value of Data From Commissioning to Operations.” Mission Critical magazine. August 2018.
- “Cx Software: How to Select the Right Solution.” Presentation. NCBC Conference. October 2017.
- “Using Online Commissioning Tools,” Consulting-Specifying Engineer, with Curtis Aubry and Elizabeth Jenkins. March 2016.
- “Mission Critical Facility Commissioning.” ASHRAE Madison Chapter. Presentation. January 11, 2016.
- “Load Bank Testing.” White Paper. Building Operating Management Magazine / Emerson. Quoted. August 2015.
- “Commissioning electrical systems in mission critical facilities.” CSE Pure Power Magazine. December 2013.
- “Critical Facilities: Commissioning.” Building Operating Management Magazine. February 2013.
- “Economizers and Energy Recover Wheels: Heads and/or Tails?” Quoted. Buildings Magazine. February 2012.