Senior Managing Director | Structural Engineering
David Weihing’s collaborative approach to meeting goals has made him a leader in innovative delivery methods including IPD (Integrated Project Delivery). His portfolio includes designs for commercial high-rise, healthcare, residential, sports and specialty structures, as well as damage assessment, investigation, and repair of existing structures. David is an effective project and business executive with deep, comprehensive knowledge of the entire building process and consulting engineering business.
- “Structural Considerations in Modular High-Rise.” Chicago Committee on High Rise Buildings (CCHRB). 2021 Spring Seminar Modular High Rise: Planning, Fabrication and Construction. June 2021.
- “110 North Wacker Drive.” Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI). March 2021 Monthly Meeting. March 2021.
- “110 North Wacker: Chicago’s Tallest Office Building in 30 Years.” Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH). 10th World Congress. October 2019.
- “River Beech Tower: A Tall Tower Experiment.” Co-presenter. Chicago Committee on High Rise Buildings (CCHRB). 2017 Spring Seminar. The Heavy Timber High Rise: Building Tall with Wood in the 21st Century. June 2017.
- “Case Study: Chicago River Beech Tower.” Co-author. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) Journal. 2017 Issue II.
- “Shanghai Rising: Design and Construction Highlights of the Tallest Building in China.” ICAT 2016 Conference. April 2016.
- “Integrating Structural Systems into Urban Health Care.” University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). Annual Structural Engineering Conference. April 2014.
- “Structural BIM in Practice.” Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI). November 2008.
- “The Redevelopment of Block 37.” Chicago Committee on High Rise Buildings (CCHRB). January Meeting. 2008.
- “The Redevelopment of Block 37.” Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI). October Meeting. 2007.
- “Architects and Structural Engineers – Why Can’t We Be Friends?” CSI Chicago Chapter Roundtable. November 2006.
- “A House Like No Other – An Exploration of Three-Dimensional Behavior and Analysis.” American Society of Civil Engineers, American Concrete Institute, Wisconsin Chapters End-of-Year Meeting. November 2006.
- “Northwestern Memorial’s Prentice Women’s Hospital.” Coauthor. Structural Engineer. April 2006.
- “Structural Issues in Healthcare Design.” Coauthor. Healthcare Design Magazine. June 2005.