Mehdi Jalayerian’s expertise includes major high-rise and supertall buildings, convention/hotel facilities, and educational/government projects. Mehdi is responsible for business development, client relations, contract performance and overall quality control among other duties.
- University of Kansas, Masters of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- University of Kansas, Bachelors of Science, Mechanical Engineering (with Distinction)
- Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer in the States of Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia
- Registered Energy Professional, Chicago, Illinois
- LEED AP (Accredited Professional)
- CCHRB (Chicago Committee on High-Rise Buildings)
- ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers)
- NSPE (National Society of Professional Engineers)
- PI TAU SIGMA, National Mechanical Engineering, Honorary Society
- TAU BETA PI, National Engineering Society, Life Member
"The World's Tallest Building: Jeddah Tower." BuiltWorlds Cities Conference. July 2018.
“Designing Supertall Buildings with Geography and Height in Mind.” 2018 ASHRAE Annual Conference. June 2018.
"Methods to Mitigate Stack Effect in Supertall & Megatall Buildings." Presented at ASHRAE Winter Conference. January, 2018.
"The Current Tallest Building Design Update." Presented at ASHRAE Winter Conference. January, 2018.
"Jeddah Tower: World's Next Tallest Building." Presented at ASHRAE Illinois Chapter. March, 2017.
“Methods to Mitigate Costly and Disruptive Stack Effect in Super and Megatall Towers.” Co-authored with Tyler Jensen. CTBUH conference in China. November, 2016.
“Methods to Mitigate Costly and Disruptive Stack Effect in Super and Megatall Towers.” Presentation. CTBUH International Conference in Shenzhen, China. October 2016.
“Energy Performance of Tall Buildings.” MasterBuilder. October 2016.
- “HVAC and Technology Challenges in the High Rise Healthcare Environment.” Presentation. 2016 CCHRB (Chicago Committee on High Rise Buildings) Seminar. April 2016.
- "Do Tall, Super Tall and Mega Tall Buildings Consume More Energy Than Conventional Buildings or Do They Conserve More Energy?" Presentation. 2016 ASHRAE Winter Conference. Co-presenter: Edna Lorenz. January 2016.
- “Masdar City: Technology cluster hub facilities used in designing the Masdar Headquarters, UAE.” Co-authored with Tyler Jensen. Laboratory Design. December 2015.
- “Reimagine the Future: Sustainable Convergence of Science, Commerce, and Education – MASDAR City: Technology Cluster HUB Facilities Used in Designing the MASDAR Headquarters, AUE.” Presentation. International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (ISL) Annual Conference. Co-presenter: Tyler Jensen. September 2015.
- “Science Park Planning for the Future: The Sustainable Net Zero Energy / Closed Loop ‘Life Style’ Science Park.” Roundtable. International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (ISL) Annual Conference. September 2015.
- “ASHRAE Tall Buildings Energy Modeling.” 2015 ASHRAE Winter Conference. Co-presenter: Daniel Cohen. January 2015.
- "Supertall Buildings Infrastructure: Designing Vertical Cities." CTBUH (Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat) Research Paper, CTBUH 2014 Shanghai Conference Proceedings. September 2014.
- "The Challenge: Tall and Super-tall Buildings." Roundtable Discussion. Consulting-Specifying Engineer Magazine. July 2014.
- "Improve System Efficiency and Reduce Construction Costs with Low Temperature District Cooling at McCormick Place Convention Center." IDEA 2014 Annual Conference. June 2014.
- "Internal Air Pressures in High-Rise Buildings." AIA National Convention and Design Exposition. Denver, Colorado. June 2013.
- “Opportunities and Barriers to Sustainability.” CTBUH and Urban Habitat’s 9th World Congress. Shanghai, China. Sept. 19-21, 2012.
- “Worldwide Cases of Energy Consumption Reduction in Skyscrapers.” USGBC Green Forum. Seoul, Korea. February 23, 2010.
- “New Leases on Life.” Building Operating Management. June, 2010. Co-written with David Callan.
- “More Than Skin Deep: North Exelon Pavilions.” High Performance Buildings. Co-author: Steven Eich. 2008.
Design Excellence Award, American Institute of Architects (AIA) Chicago, St. Elizabeths Coast Guard Headquarters, 2015
- Dubai Towers – Dubai, 2008 Supertall Project of the Year, Middle East Architect Awards
- Green Project of the Year, Middle East Architect Awards, 2008
- Masdar Headquarters, Abu Dhabi, UAE; 2008 Environmental Award, Dubai CityScape;